BETHESDA HOUSE STRATEGIC PLAN
VISION, MISSION & STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS TO GUIDE
BETHESDA HOUSE INITIATIVES 2014 – 2017
A community where women, youth and children are in healthy relationships free from domestic abuse
In partnership with our community, Bethesda House provides secure Shelter, woman-centered advocacy, Outreach and other services to women, youth and children supporting them to live free from domestic abuse.
|Strategic Direction 1: Maintain strong agency leadership
Goal: Continue to demonstrate accountability and responsibility to stakeholders (clients, employees, volunteers, colleague agencies, funders and the community at large) through competent governance.
1) Internally review Strategic Directions and Goals annually for continued appropriateness and revise if necessary
2) Monitor achievements toward Plan objectives at least annually
3) Implement the Board Work Plan in a competent manner, revising it as necessary
4) Take action as needed to ensure a “Low Risk” standing on the MCSS Agency Risk Assessment
5) Provide Board members with governance training as needed
6) Take action as needed to ensure compliance with new Not For Profit legislation
7) Take action as needed to ensure compliance with new accessibility legislation
8) Maintain consistent Board membership.
|Strategic Direction 2: Enhance direct service provision
Goal: Through advocacy, intervention and prevention enhance service to women, youth and children at the shelter and in the community, who are dealing with domestic abuse.
1) In collaboration with other groups and agencies in the community, focus on prevention and intervention support and advocacy for 5 major target populations in addition to traditionally defined battered women and their children:
2) Address barriers to providing high quality service to women, youth and children as they are identified
3) Play a leading role in the growth of the DRIVEN co-located and collaborative model of service in Durham Region
|Strategic Direction 3: Increase community awareness of domestic abuse
Goal: Continue providing education working toward the Bethesda House Vision of a community where women, youth and children live in healthy relationships free from domestic abuse
1) Hold WALK-A-MILE-IN-HER- SHOES annually, using the opportunity to promote awareness of domestic abuse as well as to raise funds
2) Hold an annual “Take Back The Night” walk to bring the community together against violence and abuse in our community
|Strategic Direction 4: Maintain Agency Financial Viability
Goal: Ensure Bethesda House is in a financial position to be able to fulfil its Mission.
1) Continue to work with MCSS in a positive and productive manner to maximize use of available funding
2) Maintain a positive, high agency profile in the community maximizing donation income
3) Develop strategies to maximize revenue from the agency’s 2 main fund-raisers (the Dinner/Auction and the Walk-A-Mile-In-Her-Shoes) while maintaining their unique Bethesda House flavor
4) Investigate and follow through with additional income-producing endeavours when possible