BETHESDA HOUSE ACCEPTS DONATIONS OF;
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- GOOD QUALITY, GENTLY-USED CLOTHING FOR WOMEN, MEN, YOUTH & CHILDREN
- FURNITURE, APPLIANCES
- OTHER ITEMS
- A) ELECTRONIC DONATIONS: Donate through:
- B) CHEQUES (made out to “Bethesda House”)
- Please mail to:
Bethesda House, Box 82,
- C) CASH
- Please call 905-623-6045 ext. 206 to make delivery arrangements
- D) STOCKS & SECURITIES
- In return for a donation of stocks and securities you receive a charitable receipt at market value and you pay no tax on the capital gains.
- E) DONATIONS MADE IN MEMORY OF A LOVED ONE
- Funeral Homes will accept donations to come to Bethesda House, and forward these along to us.
DONATIONS OF GOOD QUALITY, GENTLY-USED CLOTHING
FOR WOMEN, MEN, YOUTH & CHILDREN
Gently Used & New Clothing Store
25 King Street West, Bowmanville
Gently used clothing can be dropped off at our Second Chance store between 10am & 4pm, Monday through Friday and 10am to 3 pm on Saturday. If you are unable to drop off your donations within these hours, please contact (905) 697-3700, Ext 301, to make alternate arrangements.
This store is fully staffed by Bethesda House volunteers. Clothes donated to the store benefit the clients of Bethesda House in 2 ways;
- a) when women and children in the shelter need clothes, they can choose what they need, free of charge, from the Second Chance
- b) the proceeds from all remaining clothing sales go directly to support the clients and programs provided by Bethesda House
FURNITURE & APPLIANCES
Many of the women we support are starting over and need furniture and appliances, etc, however due to lack of storage space we are not always able to accept these larger donations. Please give us a call and let us know what you have. If you are able to store your items for a short while in your basement or garage, we will offer the items to the next woman who is in need. If we know of a woman who needs your items immediately, we can help make arrangements for her to get them.
Please note: We do not have a truck or personnel to transport large items. We rely on the support of volunteers for this, who may or may not be available at the time required. If we are unable to find transportation, we are not able to accept the items.
Regretfully, we are not able to accept donations of cribs, car seats or computers.
Other donations accepted by Bethesda House include;
- food (both perishable and non-perishable items including baby food, etc.)
- pyjamas & slippers (women’s & children’s, all sizes, both sexes)
- house cleaning supplies & paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, etc.)
- small appliances
- hygiene products
- new toys & games (Regretfully we are unable to accept used toys, games, stuffed animals, etc.)
CHRISTMAS DONATIONS, FOOD & TOYS FOR THE HAMPER PROGRAM
Bethesda House distributes approximately 80 to 100 hampers each Christmas to current and past clients who continue to need financial and other support while they move forward into a new life after domestic abuse.
In order to fill this need, Bethesda House takes donations of;
- Non-perishable food items (including baby food, etc.)
- New UNWRAPPED toys and gifts for women and male and female youth and children
- Gift cards (grocery stores, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, movie theatres, etc.)
- Pyjamas & slippers (women’s & children’s, all sizes, both sexes)
- Treats! (Christmas candy, nuts, etc.)
- Cash donations (to purchase items not donated)
If donated items are not used for the Christmas hampers those items are used within the shelter program throughout the following year. Everything gets put to good use.