THE OBJECTIVE OF THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM
To increase public awareness and understanding of relationship abuse through educational workshops and professional training sessions geared to the specific target audience requesting the service.
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM
Members of the community can contact Bethesda House requesting a speaker to present at their meeting, business, agency, school, group, etc. on topics related to relationship violence. Topic details and presentation length can be adjusted to suit the age and purpose of the group requesting the service. Requests can be made from a list of presentation topics or Bethesda House staff will personalize the presentation topic to your groups needs. In addition to presentations, Bethesda House can provide interactive workshops on the same topics.
A SELECTION OF TOPICS AVAILABLE
- General Presentation: Relationship Abuse
- Abuse throughout the Lifespan
- Relationship Terrorism
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence: The Impact on Children
- Through a New Lens – Abuse in the Life of a Child
- The Physiological Effects of Living With Domestic Violence On The Brain Of A Child.
- Effects of Power & Control Tactics on a Mother
- Safety planning For Women And Children
- Dating Violence and Safety Planning For Teens
- The Relationship Between Domestic Violence & Suicide
- The Relationship Between Domestic Violence & Youth Involved With The Law
- Parenting The Bullied & Bullying Child
- Shelter Services In Durham Region
- Humour As A Way of Dealing With Vicarious Trauma In People Dealing With Domestic Violence