BETHESDA HOUSE’S NEW & GENTLY-USED CLOTHING STORE
25 KING STREET WEST
OPEN 10am – 4pm, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
OPEN 10am – 3pm, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
Bethesda House is fully aware that there are many worthy organizations in our community competing for the same small pot of donations community individuals and businesses can afford to part with.
We appreciate each and every dollar our supporters choose to give to us and our commitment is to stretch each of those dollars as far as possible to maximize the good they can do. However, we also believe that we need to do whatever we can to reduce the stress on our community supporters and reduce our reliance on donated and fund-raised dollars. Second Chance, our gently-used & new clothing store plays a critical role in increasing our self-sufficiency in covering the costs of service to women, youth & children in our community who are dealing with domestic abuse.
- Gently-used clothing is donated to Bethesda House by the Community
2. New clothing is donated by retail businesses, demonstrating a sense corporate social conscience that is greatly appreciated by Bethesda House and the clients we support!
3. Volunteers & students sort the donations and staff the store
4. 100% of proceeds from the store go to support the costs of providing service to women, youth and children dealing with domestic violence.
5. As well, Bethesda House clients who arrive at the shelter with nothing are able to choose clothing from the store at no cost to begin moving forward.
Come & enjoy a pleasant shopping experience in our clean & friendly store, pick up some wonderful bargains, and at the same time help those in our community who need your support.
Second Chance is looking for volunteers & students to staff the store.
For information, please contact
905-697-3700 ext. 301