OBJECTIVE OF THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM
To increase public awareness and understanding of relationship abuse and other types of gender-based violence through presentations and professional training sessions geared to the specific target audience requesting the service.
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM
Members of the community can contact Bethesda House requesting a speaker to present at their meeting, business, agency, school, group, etc. on topics related to relationship abuse and all types of gender-base violence. Topic details and presentation length can be adjusted to suit the age and purpose of the group requesting the service. In addition to presentations, Bethesda House can provide interactive workshops on the same topics.
SOME OF THE TOPICS AVAILABLE…
- General Presentation: Bethesda House Shelter & Community Outreach Services
- Relationship Abuse
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Domestic Violence: The Impact on Children
- The Physiological Effects of Living With Domestic Violence On The Brain Of A Child.
- Safety planning For Women And Children
- Dating Violence and Safety Planning For Teens
- The Relationship Between Domestic Violence & Suicide
- The Relationship Between Domestic Violence & Youth Involved With The Law
- Shelter Services In Durham Region
- Humour As A Way of Dealing With Vicarious Trauma In People Dealing With Domestic Violence